Napa Writing Retreats are creative writing retreats that follow the Amherst Writers & Artists (AWA) Method. The AWA method stresses creating a safe space for writers to uncover their own unique writing voices. Group exercises are used to stimulate creativity and writing, and we share our writing with each other, if we choose, after an assigned writing time. Napa Writing Retreats are open to writers of all genres and skill levels. We offer:
- Daylong Writing Retreats – Spend a day writing and relaxing at The Carneros Inn in Napa. These retreats are open to writers of all genres and skill levels.
- Teambuilding Writing Retreats – These retreats offer teambuilding and skill building around writing for your company.
- Customized Writing Retreats – Writing together or alone is a powerful way to share stories and connect with your friends, your family and yourself. These retreats can be customized for individuals, bridal showers and family gatherings.
- Coaching – Coaching provides you with structure, accountability, an infusion of creativity and fun to move your writing forward. Whether you want to get started on that book you’ve been meaning to write, or simply want to do more writing, coaching is for you.
- **NEW**Self-Guided Retreat Kit – If you don't have the time or resources to attend a retreat, then why not purchase a self-guided retreat kit? The kit includes a beautiful journal, three creative writing exercises, plus a follow-up coaching call.
Retreat Facilitator and Coach
Jill Winkelstein is certified to lead workshops using the Amherst Writers & Artists Method as described in Pat Schneider’s book The Writer as an Artist: A New Approach to Writing Alone and With Others (distributed by Oxford University Press). Jill has an extensive background in publishing, teaching and facilitating groups. For the past six years, she has led writing retreats in the Napa Valley. Her writing has been published in Merge Magazine, the New Mission News and the Noe Valley Voice.